Monday, September 3, 2007

That's Our Bush! His Plans After 2009


Photo from source, NewsMax.com

I found this revealing, and a little surprising. Bush is the focus of a new book about his Presidency, and has been candid with the author. Some of this seems like stuff that would be made up on The Onion, or on a liberal web site. Nope, it's from one of the very largest of the right-wing news/blog sites, NewsMax.com.

[Excerpt]

Bush made the revelations to Robert Draper, for his book “Dead Certain,” which will be released on Tuesday.

According to the New York Times, Bush told Draper:

  • "I’ve got God’s shoulder to cry on, and I cry a lot. I’ll bet I’ve shed more tears than you can count as president" -- an implied reference to the casualties of the Iraq war.
  • “I’ll give some speeches, just to replenish the ol’ coffers [when I leave office]. I don’t know what my dad gets — it’s more than 50-75” thousand dollars a speech, and “Clinton’s making a lot of money.”
  • “We’ll have a nice place in Dallas,” where he will be running what he called “a fantastic Freedom Institute” promoting democracy around the world.
  • “I can just envision getting in the car, getting bored, going down to the ranch.”
  • “Sixty-two is really young, and yet I’ll be through with my presidency.”
  • “[Right now] I’m playing for October-November. ... To get us in a position [in Iraq] where the presidential candidates will be comfortable about sustaining a presence” and “stay longer.”
There's more at NewsMax.com
and for a less wing-nutty take: ThinkProgress.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...