Monday, October 15, 2007

Maureen Dowd Cedes Column to Stephen Colbert


Well, for one day, anyway! I love The Colbert Report, but risk severe sleep deprivation if I watch it too often. So it is always fun when he makes an appearance in a different venue. Here he takes Maureen Dowd's dare to be a New York Times columnist. Enjoy!

[Excerpt]

A Mock Columnist, Amok

. . .I called Colbert with a dare: if he thought it was so easy to be a Times Op-Ed pundit, he should try it. He came right over. In a moment of weakness, I had staged a coup d’moi. I just hope he leaves at some point. He’s typing and drinking and threatening to “shave Paul Krugman with a broken bottle.”

I Am an Op-Ed Columnist (And So Can You!)

Surprised to see my byline here, aren’t you? I would be too, if I read The New York Times. But I don’t. So I’ll just have to take your word that this was published. Frankly, I prefer emoticons to the written word, and if you disagree :(

Read the rest (it's funny): NYTimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...