Sunday, January 6, 2008

FOX "News" Sunday, New Look, Plus Huckabee


Here I sit, once again on my third Sunday morning political jibber-jabber show. Currently, I'm watching George Stephanopolous interview the increasingly popular (and populist) Mike Huckabee. Huck worries me. He's very folksy and charming, even while he touts anti-American theocracy.

I also saw Huckabee on FOX "News" Sunday, notable for Huckabee saying (paraphrasing--this is the gist, I don't remember the exact words) "Praise the Lord and pass the ballot box. It's not like that--I'd love it if it were." The only good thing--to my way of thinking--about Huckabee's current "surge," is that it drives the establishment conservatives crazy.

I didn't catch much more on FNS, because I was hypnotized by their new logo. As a graphic designer and logo maker, I was enthralled by it. It's sort of a spinning spool, with FOX "News" Sunday" on either side. The spool spins faster than the lettering. It's blue/purple/red, shimmering and throbbing, seemingly pulsating at the middle like it's breathing or something. The "FNS" wording is placed on this spindle on either side, but the one that spins from the back to the front seems to be gaining on the now receding side. . . It's alive! I really did miss what creepy old Chris Wallace was saying, most of the time.

The one thing they didn't change was their "round table" segment, which still has the ludicrous moniker, "The Power Panel." Two people from NPR, Brit Hume and freakin' Bill Kristol are the POWER PANEL? Ego much?

1 comment:

  1. Huckabee seems to want fundamentalism. It could never happen, even if Huckabilly really wanted to do it. I don't think he does, he just wants the votes from those who do. He's not stupid enough to want it or to try to do it as POTUS, he's just stupid enough to say it.

    Huckleberry is too conservative on religion and too liberal on criminals and the economy and immigration.

    Huckabye? Huckabee wants to have adulterers, homosexuals and rape victims stoned to death. He also wants to make alcohol and music videos illegal, and make women 2nd class citizens and to take all girls out of school.

    Oops, my bad, that's another 'religion'.

    Hey, anybody but the PIAPS!

    if you’re MAD
    punish your country
    VOTE for Hillary


    http://haltterrorism.com/

    http://absurdthoughtsaboutgod.blogspot.com
    .

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...