Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Major Garrett of FOX "News" Reports False News


Rational humans know that FOX "News" is virtually an organ of the Republican Party. Also, that they are far short of a credible news source. Particularly in this election season, it is plain which side they're on just by their selection of stories on any given day.

Chaos in Iraq? Hillary Clinton commits faux pas! The Dow takes a dive? Barack Obama is un-American! A Republican gets indicted? John Edwards is too pretty to be President!

And in their quest to spread bad news about Democrats, they're even willing to make stuff up. Even when the subject of a story tells them straight up that it's not true. Amazing.

[Excerpt]


I've been dealing with the media and politics for 25 years, but I've never had a more surrealistic day than January 8. Several times that day Fox News reported that I was joining Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign. It was a big story - at least until the stunning election returns.

The only problem was, it wasn't true.

Fox News never even tried to contact me to verify their story, and when I contacted Fox, I felt like a character in a Kafka novel -- or at least Curb Your Enthusiasm. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post


2 comments:

  1. blah, blah, blah, Fox is Evil...hint Buckeye Breath, don't watch it....the rest are so freaking far left(like that piece of garbage the Huff-me Post) you don't know right from left.....what a dupe!

    I can't believe I found this researching Waldo....you do good for a far left loon...but you need to promote your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a self-labeled "far-left loon," so I don't take that as an insult, though "far-left" these days means someone who disagrees with Sean Hannity. I'm glad you found my website, and deigned to comment thrice. . .most people don't bother, so I appreciate that you did.

    As for this left-right media thing: Yep, Huffington Post is a left-leaning site, and they're promoted as such. FOX "News" likes to deny that they're (very) right-leaning, even though it's obvious. There is no other media outlet purporting to be neutral that is MORE partisan than FOX "News."

    And "Buckeye Breath?" That's actually kind of funny. . .I must smell like peanut butter and chocolate!

    Oh, and if I had any idea how to promote the site more I would surely do it. Do you have any tips? Thanks again for writing.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...