Sunday, March 9, 2008

George W. Bush Sings! (Literally)


When I read the headline, I thought it meant he was finally spilling his guts about all the illegal, immoral, and reprehensible things he and his administration have done over the last seven years. Alas, it was not to be, and was the ultimate in wishful thinking on my part. After all, what made me think that Bush was either a) informed about everything, or b) capable of telling the truth?

No, sadly the headline is literal, and refers to exhibit #356,283 in the "My GOD does that man embarrass me" argument. He sang. He actually sang. I suppose I can be thankful that a video is not included, but I fear that my imaginings are worse. . .

[Excerpt]

Bush yearns for Texas in rare singing performance

President George W. Bush donned a cowboy hat and sang an early goodbye to Washington on Saturday night with a performance that lampooned White House journalists and Vice President Dick Cheney among others.

Bush surprised cabinet secretaries, diplomatic officials and journalists at the annual Gridiron dinner by taking the stage and giving the first public singing performance of his eight-year presidency, which ends in January 2009. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...