Sunday, May 18, 2008

SNL: Live From New York, It's (the Real) John McCain

Yep, another video. I've already told you all what a chore weekend blogging is. But I don't like to leave a blank chunk of space on Saturdays and Sundays, and I also want to present things that interest me as well as the readers. And this caught my attention.

I watched the final episode of Saturday Night Live's 33rd season last night, and despite a terrific host (Steve Carrell), it was a lackluster night, laugh-wise. I was a little startled to see John McCain perform as himself in two separate sketches. One, I could see. Two was a stretch. And the jokes (which were moderately funny) probably would have worked better with Darrell Hammond playing McCain.

I know McCain is trying to deflect criticism of his age by shining a spotlight on it himself, but I'm not sure it's working. You be the judge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...