Friday, July 4, 2008

Featured Blog: Project Rooftop

If you've been to my blog before, you might know I have a penchant for superheroes and comic books. What you might not know is that I used to dream up my own superheroes all the time as a kid. You can't imagine how delighted I was when DC Comics came out with Dial "H" for Hero, and asked for reader submissions of their own superhero creations!

I entered a woman, Bluejay, and a man, Zenith. Neither were used, much to my dismay, but there was a strange coincidence. My Bluejay character had a logo design that was very, very similar to the "WW" that Wonder Woman adopted as her insignia just a few months later. (My Bluejay logo, and the Wonder Woman logo presented here for your consideration).



Coincidence? Probably. And all rights were signed to DC in any event. But I can delude myself into believing that I altered the history of Wonder Woman, right?

This site (I'm not sure it should really be called a blog), Project Rooftop, allows people to indulge in their own fantasy hero creations. Only here, they are giving new looks to established heroes. I may have to revisit my rusty superhero drawing skills, and see what I can come up with!

[Excerpt]
Image from source, Project Rooftop

Superman: Man of Style Finalists!

"I think if Superman were created within the last ten years, this is about what he’d look like. It’s a little on the generic side, but it definitely feels like a Superman to me. I like the wide red bands on the gauntlets, pants, and boots, but the cape-over-the-neck-guard look is a bit cumbersome. I’m also missing the yellow in this normally primary-colored hero."

Read (and see) lots more at: Project Rooftop

And check out the history of Wonder Woman's costume here: Wonder Woman









No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...