Saturday, July 5, 2008

Should America Rejoin the British Empire?


Photo from source, Asylum

This article tickled my fancy. Now, don't get me wrong, I love America--despite being a liberal! I even wore a star-spangled shirt yesterday for the Independence Day celebration. But I think it is fair to say that America has seen better days. And while I hold out hope for a change in direction, if John McCain were to somehow win in November, the points laid out in this article would be a lot more persuasive.

[Excerpt]


Dear Americans,On this day, 232 years ago, the Declaration of Independence was signed and sealed, forming the United States as its own nation and ending your colonial union with Britain and her empires. I think we can all agree, that idea has run its course. . .

Read more at: Asylum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...