Friday, January 2, 2009

New Digs for Greenlee Gazette


First photo, old office; second photo new office

I have a better excuse than usual for the lack of recent posts. I got the idea to switch my home office with our guest room, both for the change of pace, and because my office is always the hottest room in the house. Sometimes by as much as 15 or 20 degrees! And with no ceiling fan mount in that room, my options were limited. Mostly, I just sweat to death in my leather chair.

So, with the change to the front of the house, I'll have a more comfortable environment. And though the rooms are similar in size, the new office has an expansive entryway, making the room feel more open and less claustrophobic. You can't really tell by the photos, but the new office feels far freer, and less stifling. Plus, I have a view out the front of the house, instead of at our side-yard, with the cinderblock wall, and the back of the garage! Hopefully, it will inspire me to get a little more done, or to at least enjoy myself a bit more while I'm working.
The biggest glitch is that there are no cable or telephone jacks in the new room. So, I have Cox Cable coming tomorrow to install new junction boxes. Also, I'll have to figure out a new arrangement for our home network, since I hardwired (and drilled holes in walls) between my office and The Other Half's.

That dear reader, is why I haven't been blogging today. We had to dismantle the bedroom, store it in the garage, and then take apart my office, and move it to the other room. This entails moving a very large four-part oak desk, and other furniture. And with my cable modem/telephone box and network hub in the old office, my computer is now offline. I'm using our notebook computer to post this. It works fine, but I'm more comfortable with my desktop.
That's also why the "Christmas cheer" banner is still posted above. . .the regular logo is on my desktop computer! So, after the cable guy comes tomorrow, and things are back to normal, I'll probably post a few things to get this blog a little more up to date. Until then, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...