Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Breaking News: Ted Kennedy has Passed Away.


Image from source, ABC News

Sigh. Wow. Two Kennedys in the same month. I am too young to remember the idealized "Camelot" Kennedy mystique. By the time I was old enough to know what was going on, Jackie was an "O" and Edward Kennedy was fodder for jokes on Saturday Night Live. Still, despite his faults, I know that he did a lot of good in his life.

The timing of course couldn't be worse for health care reform, which was ironically Ted Kennedy's pet project. Will this give Democrats added drive to get it done, or will the whole thing just unravel? Time will tell. RIP, Teddy.

[Excerpt]

Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

Sen. Ted Kennedy died shortly before midnight Tuesday at his home in Hyannis Port, Mass., at age 77.

The man known as the "liberal lion of the Senate" had fought a more than year-long battle with brain cancer, and according to his son had lived longer with the disease than his doctors expected him to. . .

Read more at:

4 comments:

  1. RIP...it's ironic that close to 40 years after his ability to have a hand in someones death, he will get a chance to explain his actions to his maker.

    History begins on the day you were born, thus, the explanation why you conveniently do not remember what exactly happened 40 years ago. I do not expect any liberal to research, honestly, what this man did. As for the many good things....as far as I can tell they were all accomplished by taking my hard earned money, and giving it to those who filled his political coffers.

    It may also do you some good to look for the letter he wrote to the former Soviet Union attempting to undermine President Reagan's effort to destroy the "Evil Empire."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr./Mrs. d., I do not know why I bother responding to you, as you seem to be living on a different planet.

    I did not give a rousing endorsement of Sen. Edward Kennedy. I openly said I don't get the mystique. I never implied that I don't know about what happened in the incident you allude to. At the time I typed this, Mr. Kennedy's body was still warm. It would have been an inappropriate time to stew in any misdeeds of several decades ago.

    You like to come here and throw around generalizations, and allegations. They often barely relate to what I have written. I have to wonder if you have a cookie-cutter response to the same general posts by people all around the internet.

    Kennedy was not a personal hero. I acknowledged that he did bad and good. This post was little more than an acknowledgement of the man's death. Where do you get off making it any more than that? And why the hell are you pestering me on a near-daily basis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called freedom of speech! The days of liberals having this right and no one else are over. El Presidente has awakened a giant...the majority of Americans. It seems I am the only one who comments on this blog...so you might want to close the "comments" section. I merely wanted to ask you to get the police records on your own and you make you make up your own mind. It will not be reported that Mr. Kennedy was responsible for the death of an innocent campaign worker. He received no punishment for this offense. These are the facts, you can spin them any way you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freedom of speech has to do with the government, not with individual blog writers. I've suppressed nothing you've said, though I could. Though I'd like to see where conservatives are squelched, and liberals are free to opine in specific.

    Tell me true, what is your REAL problem with the President, and what the heck that has to do with this post. Also, point out anywhere in this post where I spun, deflected or made any excuses for Sen. Kennedy in this post. Something tells me (maybe it's the birther thing) you're just a wingnut. I'll respond--or not--to your ramblings, and leave them to stand on my blog. Unless you really piss me off. Toodles.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...