Monday, August 24, 2009

Could Recently Released Torture Document Lead to Justice?


Image from source, TPM Muckraker

For those who like to whine, "Give it up, Bush isn't President anymore!" it is worth reminding you of something. While you may not believe it to be true, many people believe that the previous administration is guilty of breaking several laws. International laws. Serious stuff. While this blogger has nearly given up on any serious retribution, I still believe it is important that somebody try.

I feel sort of sorry for Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton, actually. Look at the crap they went through for--by comparison--pretty dinky crap. I doubt we'll ever know the extent of Bush Era crimes. But I'm glad someone is looking into it. I'm just not going to hold my breath to see if it comes to anything.

[Excerpt]

Dems Urge Holder To Allow Torture Probe To Go Further

Some top Democrats are expressing disappointment with Eric Holder's announcement of a probe into Bush-era torture, and specifically with Holder's apparent decision to ensure the probe doesn't look at the Bush officials who authorized the policy. . .

Read more at: TPM Muckraker


2 comments:

  1. Dinky crap?????Are you out of your mind? Never mind...if you're a liberal I just answered my own question. Clinton is very lucky that the RINO's were in power at that time. Just wait until Barry Soetoro is out of office. There is going to be a lot to go after, and the RINO's won't be there to protect him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would call getting caught over lying about a B.J. "dinky crap."

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...