Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Morning Blogging


Got up extra early today, 6:30 am! That's really something, given that last night was a thoroughly wine-soaked one. But once I woke up, I decided to have an extended day. But it might include a nap, later!

So, I'm watching Meet the Press per usual, and the topic of health care is front and center. But right up front, David Gregory interviewed David Axelrod who I can not stomach. I don't like any of these purely political spokespeople on either side of the aisle. The only worse one to listen to on the Democratic side is Terry McAuliffe. Smarmy, calculated, evasive. . .I just plain don't like it. Surely, there is a more direct and honest way to get President Obama's message out than creepy political hacks like Axelrod.

I'm eager for the country and the President to get past this health care debate, wherever it ends up. I'm sick to death of the topic, and bewildered at how poor people--many of them actually on a government health care plan already, are arguing on the side of insurance companies. Baffling.

Another thing irritating me about political chat shows right now is the sponsors. I pretty much zip through the commercials most Sundays, but I'm watching MTP pretty much in real time, so I'm seeing the commercials. And it's companies like Dow and Boeing. What the hell purpose does it serve to show TV viewers commercials for companies like that? It is my suspicion that they advertise on political shows to have some leverage on content. What other purpose does it serve? Sigh.

And now the issue of President Obama speaking to students. Rightly, Tom Brokaw is pointing out how silly the controversy is. Even Rudy Giuliani thinks it is unfortunate that this should be controversial. How about that, a surprise on a political program. And WOW! Tom Friedman calls it "flat out stupid!" Go Tom!

That all for now. Back later, unless I fall into a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...