Thursday, October 20, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor Really Had Violet Eyes

I'm not sure that this shot of Liz, from Cleopatra is historically
accurate. Image from source.
Things can get a little heavy around here. So, thankfully, Stupid Monkey Planet sent me something a little lighter today. I always heard that Elizabeth Taylor had "violet eyes," but I guess I never tried to find out for myself. After all, I'm a child of the eighties, an era when Taylor was the butt of Joan Rivers' fat jokes. Anyway, file this away in your pop-culture brain zone. They really were purple.


[Excerpt]


Did Elizabeth Taylor Really Have Violet Eyes? 

Elizabeth Taylor will be remembered for many things — her passionate performances in films, fondness for expensive jewelry, multiple marriages and, of course, those famous violet eyes.

Thanks to colored contact lenses, anyone can have violet-colored eyes these days. Taylor didn't come by her purple peepers that way; the first tinted contact lenses weren't commercially available until 1983. Taylor's eye color was the real deal. . .

Read more at: Life's Little Mysteries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...