Sunday, June 8, 2008

Old Washington White Guys

This is a frivilous and possibly ill-advised post. But after watching a lot of Sunday morning news programs over the last year, I've noticed something. The world of politics is ugly. I'm not talking metaphor here, I'm talking literally ugly. I've commented before that Meet the Press with Tim Russert's usual round-table discussion group looks something like Jim Henson's Land of Gorch. And the other shows ain't much better: Chris Wallace, William Kristol, Brit Hume? All caricaturists' dream subjects.

And then there are the politicians. Now, I'm no raving beauty either, but I don't try to make a living in the public eye. This clip highlights a little of what I'm saying. First, it's John Kerry. I voted for him, mostly because I thought he had a groovy wife, and because he was running against a chimp. And honestly, he does have a hint of handsomeness about him. . .but just a hint. Like Ann Coulter, there's something out of skew about the guy. And then there's Lindsey Graham, who looks like a constipated turtle, and sounds like Leslie Jordan's Brother Boy or Beverly Lesley.

I might need to revise my theory that old, pale, hunched, short John McCain would lose to young, hale, tall Barack Obama just on the visuals alone. We keep electing the ugly ones. . .over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...