Sunday, June 22, 2008

More on Michael Reagan's "Shoot Them" Bit

A little while back, I posted a piece about radio host and former first-son Michael Reagan's call to shoot "9/11 Truthers." It's an amazingly brazen (and most probably illegal) thing to say on the radio. Not to mention stupid. Now, I don't know much about this Mark Dice character that is at the center of the issue, except for this.

I am sympathetic to the 9/11 Truthers cause, though far from completely on board with them. I believe we've been told a fabricated story about what happened that day, some surely true, and some surely false. But I have no answers to what exactly did happen, and that speculation is where this group treads on thin ice. Shoot down a few of their conclusions and you've spoiled the whole movement in most people's eyes. They should stick to the facts, and avoid drawing conclusions.

And I don't support the action of sending soldiers letters in the way Mark Dice did, though once again, I'm there in spirit. Just not in action. I don't know what the answer is to get at the truth. But I don't think Mark Dice's tactic is the way to go. And surely, Michael Reagan's way is beyond the pale. Here's a video giving you some of the background story. It's over 8 minutes long, but you can tune out at about six minutes, where it just repeats what has come before. Interesting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...