Friday, July 11, 2008

The PhotoShop Effect: Model Perfection

Sometimes, when I'm on a quest to find something to blog--and coming up short on ideas--I happen upon something interesting I might not of found before. That is the case here. A website called Diet.com sent out a fit, pretty girl for a photo shoot, and then demonstrate what sort of retouching a professional would do before putting her on a magazine cover.

I'm a graphic artist, and have done a limited amount of photo retouching. It's fun, I'll admit. But I'm not sure I like the idea of our entire photographic history of people being faked nearly all the time. I mean, it makes sense on movie posters, advertising, and magazine covers (though they sometimes go ridiculously overboard). But if this photo artist is to be believed, "99.9%" of magazine photos are retouched in this way. Well, unless you read the tabloids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...