Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy 50th Birthday, Madonna!

It's something of a shock when you realize that most of your favorite music artists seem to be over 50. This year, Prince turned 50, Michael Jackson is on the cusp, and Madonna--one of my long-time favorites--turned 50 yesterday. Amazingly, she's stayed relevant, and continues to churn out hit albums and singles.

But my favorite Madonna tunes and videos will always be those she produced between 1983 and around 1990 or so. There are exceptions, like Deeper and Deeper, Don't Tell Me, Hung Up and a few others. But for me, anything from her first greatest hits compilation, The Immaculate Collection, or almost any track from True Blue, Like a Prayer and I'm Breathless still make me just as happy as they did when they came out.

Here are a few of my favorite Madonna videos, all from my favorite Madonna era (or eras--she seemed to have a different incarnation with each album). Yes, I've posted them before, but since YouTube has left all of these videos available, I couldn't resist posting them again in honor of the Material Girl's milestone birthday. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...