Tuesday, December 2, 2008

David Gregory to Host Meet the Press?


Photo from source, Huffington Post

For at least the past two years, leading up to the election, I watched the Sunday morning political shows almost without fail. Of those shows, NBC's Meet the Press was the only one I considered "must see," with CBS's Face the Nation and ABC's This Week numbers two and three on my list. Oh, sure, I watch FOX "News" Sunday too, but it's in a different league altogether; something akin to opposition research.

One of the biggest reasons for MTP's top tier status was Tim Russert, who unfortunately passed away between the primaries and the general election. And what a shame that he didn't get to see how it all played out. After Russert's death, Tom Brokaw took over, and did a fine job. But he didn't agree to take it over completely, only through the election. And I'll confess, after the election and minus Russert, my Sunday morning habit has been broken.

Now, if I miss it, I miss it. I'm not sure that the addition of David Gregory as host will make it any more "appointment viewing" than it already was. I guess time will tell. He's got that unusual look about him, though. He'll fit right in, in the Land of Gorch!

[Excerpt]


David Gregory will take the reins as moderator of NBC's "Meet the Press," the Huffington Post has learned. Gregory has been a leading contender for the permanent spot since Tom Brokaw stepped in as interim moderator following Tim Russert's death in June. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...