Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Glenn Beck: A Clown Who Wants to Make Money


Image from source, Raw Story

The headline isn't very surprising from a liberal blogger like myself, but it is sort of strange to come from the man himself. The problem with this honest self assessment, is that the clown in question is riling up a potentially dangerous crowd, that is hanging on his every word.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the former fringe of the Republican Party is now front-and-center. People like Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity used to represent a very far-right segment of the political spectrum. These days, they're the standard bearers. And the followers of people like this used to be pandered to by Republicans to ensure their votes. Now, they are setting the agenda. It's a bizarre metamorphosis, and it just keeps getting worse. I wonder if Glenn Beck feels any responsibility for pushing an already nutty crowd ever closer to the edge?

[Excerpt]

Glenn Beck's soliloquy: 'I am a clown' who 'wants to make money'

There's nothing worse than a clown looking for pity instead of laughs.

Last night, Fox News Channel's Glenn Beck delivered the following soliloquy, "You know, I'd really like to share with you a personal story from today, but I can't, because it puts my family in danger. Do you think I want to get on the air every night and tell you this stuff? Do you know who I am? The media will say 'aw, he's just a clown.' Well you know what, I am a clown. I am a guy who just... I just want to have laughs and fun, I'm a capitalist, I want to make money, all that stuff. I want to live my life with my family. . .

Read more (with video) at: Raw Story


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...