Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Latest Right-Wing Outrage: Obama Donors

Image from Wonkette
Let's get something out of the way right now: I don't think that foreigners ought to be able to donate money to campaigns in United States elections. I don't know if that is going on here. . .it certainly isn't proven by the source material. But for conservatives trying to drop the hammer on President Obama for this, when the Supreme Court Citizens United ruling has opened the door for SuperPACs with secret donors, and no accountability? And when one of the biggest of those groups is run by the oh-so-ethical Karl Rove? Excuse me if I respond with a yawn. Wake me when Citizens United is repealed or overturned or blocked, and then I'll be interested.

[Excerpt]

BREAKING: Obama’s Campaign Site Rejects Fraudulent Donation

Today’s right-wing Obama-is-a-foreigner thing is the startling revelation that, theoretically, Barack Obama could be accepting campaign donations from foreign nationals. . .

Read more at: Wonkette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...