Friday, October 19, 2012

Sen. Sherrod Brown Debates Twerp in Ohio

Is that a snarky headline? Sorry, just watch the clip below, and I think you'll see what I mean. If you thought that Paul Ryan looked a bit immature and outmatched next to Joe Biden, you haven't seen anything yet. Sherrod Brown has become something of a celebrity among freshman Senators, often making himself available for interviews, and coming across quite knowledgeable. He does so in the clip from Thursday's debate with twerpy challenger Josh Mandel.

You might wonder why I care, blogging as I do from Las Vegas. Part of it is that I've been impressed with Brown when I've seen him on television. Part of it is that I was born and raised in Ohio, and have seen far too many embarrassing politicians elected there (Jean Schmidt, John Boner Boehner, John Kasich, and apparently Mandel), or aspiring to be (Joe the Plumber, Mandel again). Plus, the clip is from The Columbus Dispatch, which was my first regular, paying job (newspaper boy), and is a decidedly conservative source, so you know this isn't some lefty, liberal, moonbat hatchet job.*



* I am not one of the conspiracy theorists who believe that the entire media is biased (except for FOX "News", naturally), it's just that I know many conservatives are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...