Sunday, October 7, 2012

SNL: MSNBC Responds to the Debate

While I'm sure I have a little bit of trouble laughing at "my side," something about Saturday Night Live's deconstruction of the first debate felt off. I think mostly, it was the speed of the modern-day news cycle. The debate already feels like old news, in light of the jobs numbers, and the events since Wednesday. Also, while the Rev. Al Sharpton and Chris Matthews are ripe for parody (I wasn't happy with Matthews either, or Ed Schultz), I think Rachel Maddow and Sharpton actually were pretty good, post-debate, fairly realistic, and not overly in "spin"-mode. So, it didn't feel like SNL nailed this one to me. But they had funny moments.


1 comment:

  1. Nicely stated. Perfectly sums up my reaction to SNL's take.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...