Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ashley Judd Not Running for Senate

Image from MSNBC
Dang it. I really wanted to see Ashley Judd make a run for Senate. I think she's a sharp cookie, I like her as an actress (though I hated Bug), and seriously, anybody would be better than her competition. Honestly, I can't imagine even the most hardcore Republican looking to Mitch McConnell as an inspirational figure. In fact, I don't know how they look to him (and his House counterpart John Boehner) with anything other than head-shaking embarrassment. It just would have been sweet to see this pretty, accomplished woman-and sister/daughter to two of country music's biggest stars--take down the Senate Minority Leader.  Oh well, on to other dreams I guess.

[Excerpt]

We may be stuck with this guy.
Image from FreakOutNation
Ashley Judd: ‘Regretfully,’ I will not be a Senate candidate

Ashley Judd tweeted: After serious and thorough contemplation, I realize that my responsibilities & energy at this time need to be focused on my family. Regretfully, I am currently unable to consider a campaign for the Senate. I have spoken to so many Kentuckians over these last few months who expressed their desire for a fighter for the people & new leader. . .

Read more at: MSNBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...