Saturday, March 9, 2013

What Happens in Vegas: Pat Benatar to Get Regular Las Vegas Gig!

Pat Benatar--and her perpetually co-billed husband, Neil Giraldo--are getting a regular Las Vegas gig! Squee! I'm a huge Benatar fan, from her early days in the late 70s (Heart Breaker), through my high school years (Promises in the Dark, Precious Time, Get Nervous), all the way to her post-hits career (Inamorata, Go). My good friend, "Mrs. Rev. Stu" is possibly an even bigger fan than I am, and will be quite distressed that this event is happening after she moved 1,000 miles away! But maybe I can lure her to town for a weekend to go see the Benatar show, after it begins.

[Excerpt]

'Fantastic' Las Vegas gig for Benatar, Giraldo

The husband-and-wife rockers of Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo are in talks to perform a regular gig in Vegas. . . 

Read more at: Las Vegas Review-Journal

Thanks to Dan, my political opposite friend at Las Vegas Badger for the link.


As further proof that I'm a big Benatar fan, here's a rerun of my Blast from the Past featuring her, only one of several posts featuring Benatar during the run of this blog. Check out these amazing tunes, and then come visit us in Vegas once her show opens!

ORIGINAL POST, 5/23/11:

Image from Pat Benatar's Official Fan Club
For this week's Blast from the Past, I thought I'd go to one of my favorite 80s singers (or of any era, frankly), Pat Benatar. This isn't my first Benatar post over these past four years of blogging. But I think I'm due again. As I've said before, I think it's semi-tragic that Benatar's music seems to be pegged solely to the 80s, and that she didn't seem to be able to reboot her career, even though she did put out some good music in the 90s and the 2000s. I'd like to see her land a gig on Celebrity Apprentice or something, to boost her image, and get her a comeback!

Benatar had a lot of his songs, and a whole lot of well-known songs that weren't quite hits. Even though she was an MTV staple, she also had a lot of airplay on "album oriented rock" stations, where songs like Hell is for Children could make a name for itself even though it wasn't a single. So the following is a grouping of major hits, minor hits, and other songs that are just good. I'm limited by the YouTube and Daily Motion selections, but this is the top of that list.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...