Friday, March 15, 2013

Chris Hayes to Get Prime Time MSNBC Show

Image from source, Talking Points Memo
It didn't take long for MSNBC to replace Ed Shultz, whose show is moving to weekends. Chris Hayes, host of Up on weekend mornings, will be hosting the 8:00 pm Eastern block. Hayes has also been a frequent contributor to many MSNBC programs, and is Editor-at-Large of The Nation magazine. He began appearing on the network on The Rachel Maddow Show, often guest hosting, much the same way as Maddow had on Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

As I said previously (on this suddenly-top-heavy-with-MSNBC-posts blog), I'm not a huge fan of Ed Schultz, though I wish him well. I am much more of a fan of Chris Hayes, who I find to be very thoughtful, well-spoken and wicked smart. He just needs to calm down the gestures and the bounciness.

[Excerpt]

Chris Hayes ‘Looking Forward’ To Primetime Slot On MSNBC

MSNBC announced Thursday that Chris Hayes will take over the network's 8 p.m. ET primetime slot. “I am thrilled to be joining Rachel and Lawrence in primetime,” Hayes said in a release. “I've absolutely loved hosting UP on the weekends and I'm looking forward to thinking through the news five nights a week. . .”

Read more at: Talking Points Memo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...