Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Internets Go Gay for a Day (Or Two?)

I know what you've been thinking, if you've been online much today. Something like this:



Am I right? Yes, on any given day, unless you're a very sheltered person, you may be confronted with gay stories and subject matter in a variety of places. But because of the two very high profile cases before the Supreme Court--California's Proposition 8 and the Defense of Marriage Act--gay stuff is suddenly everywhere. And I have one thing to say to anyone who is overwhelmed or offended by the spectacle:

Suck it up! Now you know how gay people feel! Every day is straight people day, and we learn to live with it. Seriously though, you don't have to put up with it on this scale every day, so just keep calm, and carry on. And if you're still asking yourself the question, "why do the gays want to get married anyway?" I have another entertaining piece of video to show you that explains everything.



Oh and by the way? I'm not done with the subject by a long shot, so if you arrived here and don't like it? Come back in a few days, okay? On second thought, don't come back.

2 comments:

  1. Like It or not, here is what I feel about gay marriage.
    I am a Catholic, so my teachings Is hate the sin, not the sinner, especially since apparently we have a lot of gay priests.
    However, what pisses me off the most is when you have the gay radicals who want to destroy me, ridicule my beliefs and my religion, for my beliefs.
    As far as I am concerned, I really don't care one way or another. I know, at my 2 jobs, I cater to gays and don't discriminate or act differently against any of them.
    I still think it's a state's right's issue and it should be up to the states to decide if they want gay marriage or not.
    I obviously respect you and your views and will never go after your views or you personally because you know what Jamie, I don't look at you as gay or a liberal but as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem I have is when a person with a religious objection tries to put their own personal belief onto others who don't share it. It's a baffling understanding of "religious freedom," but a lot of people are expressing it these days.

    Ridiculing beliefs is a tricky matter. . .I know as an atheist I can certainly be irreverent. Of course, I get that back and more from religious people "praying for me," and honestly having zero respect for my lack of beliefs.

    The reason I don't think this is a state's rights issue is that we currently have a patchwork of laws across the country that doesn't make sense. I'm married if I go to California, Iowa, New England and DC, but nowhere else in the country. I simply don't see the Nevada state's interest in blocking my marriage. I don't know what harm it would do. And I don't see the difference between same-sex marriage and interracial marriage, at least as far as the arguments are concerned.

    I also realize that I'm much more invested in the topic because it directly affects me. So I appreciate your sentiments, Dan. Thanks, I consider you a friend too!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...