Thursday, June 20, 2013

James Gandofini Dies at 51

Image from Huffington Post
I usually post notices on the blog when a notable celebrity dies, and James Gandolfini certainly crosses that bar. The only thing is, if I've ever seen him in anything, I don't remember what it was. Yes, I'm one of the handful of people who has never seen an episode of The Sopranos. And I feel sure I've seen him guesting on something, seemingly in a comedic role? But I can't be sure. Still, it's always sad when a beloved celeb dies, particularly when they're not very old. To some, 51 is probably starting to get into "old" territory, but not to someone in their late 40s. It seems way too young to go. So, RIP Mr. Gandolfini. At least you made it longer than Tony Soprano did.

[Excerpt]

James Gandolfini of 'The Sopranos:' An Appreciation

My first reaction on hearing James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" had died was stunned disbelief. Denial, stonewalling, shock, avoidance -- I tried all the techniques Tony Soprano used in his sessions with Dr. Melfi. With enough displays of stubbornness and willful blindness, I could make the news of Gandolfini's death go away, right?. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...