Sunday, July 8, 2007

I'm Skinny Underneath All This Fat!

Whether we carry around a few extra pounds, or over-fill our chairs-and-a-half, lots of us have had that sentiment at one time or another. Motivation can be lacking, especially with the extreme heat we're feeling where I live. It's very hard to even get started.


I liken it to the effort to get out of debt. When my consumer debt was at its highest, I had a very "head in the sand" attitude about it. It was too huge, impossible to wrap my brain around. Just easier to ignore and put off for later. But, in the debt scenario, that just makes the problem worse. It's probably much the same with weight. Unfortunately, for many of us, the payoff can be elusive, and short lived.


When I paid off my debt, it felt strangely anti-climactic. Where was my parade? Similarly, when we reach a goal weight, we've been at the process so long, we might not even realize we've gotten there. I remember one summer, after getting downright skinny, taking my shirt off to sew on a button. The Other Half looked over at me and said, "hey, you're skinny!" "Yeah, I guess I am," I replied. That big moment was apparently not enough motivation to keep me skinny. The last time I got in skinny-range was for my 40th birthday. I was down to 145 pounds, which at 5' 8" is about right. Sadly, it did not eliminate my genetic double-chin and round pumpkin head. So, I'm now 41, and tipping the scales at about 170. >sigh<


Anyway, what started this lament was a genuinely creative advertisement for a Brazilian Gym. Here's one of them:



See more of the ad campaign at: BrandonBlog



Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...