Thursday, October 4, 2007

Happy 61st Birthday to Susan Sarandon!

You'd expect me, a far-left loony blogger, to be offering Susan Sarandon birthday wishes, because I agree with her political ideology. You wouldn't be entirely wrong. I do agree with some of what she and her husband, Tim Robbins have to say. Sure, they can get strident, and like Richard Gere (and countless other FOX "News" punching bags) don't always come off in the best light.

Thankfully, as a liberal, I am free to be a fan of Susan Sarandon's politics and acting without a binary, all or nothing attitude. If she's said something particularly wacky, I don't have do disavow what she said, or stop being a fan. It's that nuancy, shades-of-grey thingy at work. Same thing goes for Jane Fonda and Barbra Streisand.

But leaving politics aside, my favorite Susan Sarandon moments will always be from the 1975 cult classic, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. She spent years trying to live it down, but these days embraces the role. So, to combine politics with frivolity, here she is, in all her 70s glory!




12/26/07 UPDATE: A warning folks, but is wont to happen with these clips, FOX has apparently pulled many of their videos. While all of these are still here, they've pulled all of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Simpsons clips. I fail to see why, as all these YouTube clips do is keep interest going in their projects, and raise the profile of their properties. My site has made a whopping 81 cents since it debuted, and I can't even cash that out. I am not putting a dent in Rupert Murdoch's profits. Anyway, it probably won't be long until these are gone too.

1 comment:

  1. sure, what actually comes out of her mouth is what I agree with. But one should always distinnguish between the messeage and the messenger. as a great character actress, susan sarandon ACTS like she's the woman of the people, when in fact she recently complained about having to exit a venue with the rest of the crowd instead of the usual secret secret stairwell. You have to wonder where the chacter ends and the real you begins.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...