Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sen. Larry Craig to Provide Comedy Until 2009


Photo from source, CNN.com

The story that Republicans want to just go away got another boost (and then another) today.

First up, Senator Larry Craig was denied having his guilty plea overturned in Minneapolis today:


The decision wasn't too surprising, as his argument--he panicked--didn't convince anyone any more than "I am not gay. I have never been gay."

That could have been the news punch line for the day, and the story would probably have died out fairly quickly. Except:

[Excerpt]

Sen. Craig not resigning despite judge's ruling

(CNN) -- Sen. Larry Craig on Thursday said he was not resigning from the Senate despite a Minnesota judge denying his request to withdraw his guilty plea stemming from his arrest in a sex sting at an airport men's room.

"I am extremely disappointed with the ruling issued today," Craig said in a statement. "I am innocent of the charges against me. I continue to work with my legal team to explore my additional legal options."

"I will continue to serve Idaho in the United States Senate, and there are several reasons for that," the Republican said. . .

Hee hee! So we WILL have Larry Craig to kick around, all the way up to and through the next election. He should really have his own reality show. . .with a laugh track.

Read the rest of the CNN story here: CNN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...