Friday, November 23, 2007

Steven Weber: Be a Bastard, Like Bush!


Photo from StevenWeber.net

This is at least the fourth post I've excerpted by Steven Weber, best known as carefree brother Brian on Wings, not to mention roles in several movies and other TV shows. Steven has been very prolific lately, writing several posts about the writers' strike in Hollywood. But it was this post that caught my notice.

I've been complaining (some might say whining) for some time now that no matter what crap the Bush Administration pulls, his supporters dig it, and everybody else seems to ignore it, or shrug and say, "whattayagonnado?" Steven tackles this subject in his latest piece on The Huffington Post, and better than I could. Take a look.

[Excerpt]


I'm going to walk up to people and punch them in their faces.

I'm going to kick them in their crotches.

I'm going to give old people the finger, head butt children and throw immigrants, gays, and evolutionists to the pavement. Ptooey.

I'm gonna go Clockwork Orange because I figure if the administration can continuously operate in overtly sociopathic ways and nobody seems to have a reaction beyond an occasional, milquetoasty "Hey...!", let alone give a full-fledged flying damn, then what the heck am I being so pleasant for? . . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...