Thursday, November 22, 2007

Stop Thief! Editor Victim of Vehicle Theft


It wasn't the whole truck, nothing like that. Living in Las Vegas, I've become aware of the sad fact that our city is #1 for vehicle thefts. My co-worker had hers stolen from her apartment complex last month. My friend, known here as Stupid Monkey Planet, said his co-worker's truck was stolen recently as well.

As I've written here, I've been hit with some car repair hits lately. I didn't even write about the $1,500 I had to pay just a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, the disappearance of my Jeep after outlaying a total of $2,300 or so total, would be a major bummer.

All of this led to a discussion at lunch today about my Jeep. I mentioned that, even though you could take a Jeep apart with a socket set and steal it piece by piece, I've only ever had my gas cap stolen. Even when I've had the top off (which is every summer), the Jeep has remained unmolested.

How strange then that today, after buying my 22 lb. turkey at Smith's, I came out and found that my gas cap had once again been stolen! And this was the locking one I bought to replace the original! So it was off to AutoZone to lay out $15 (not so bad) for a new locking cap. This one spins when locked, so will be almost impossible to steal. Still, I'll be thankful if the Jeep owner who stole my gas cap gets his truck taken apart with a socket set. And I hope they just leave him the cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...