Monday, November 19, 2007

Al Franken Gets Major Endorsement


Photo from AlFranken.com

I haven't commented very much on the Senatorial run in Minnesota of one of my favorite authors, Al Franken. Al's more than an author of course, he's a comedian, former talk show host, and one of the early writers and performers of Saturday Night Live. I was sad to see Al leave his Air America Radio show, The Al Franken Show/The O'Franken Factor, but the prospect of a Senator Franken eased that pain a bit. As does the potential defeat of Norm Coleman, who struck me as a Bill Frist/Tom DeLay sort of Republican.

Just imagine how much more interesting C-SPAN2 could be with Franken in the Senate! I'm crossing my fingers for him. After all, he's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it, he pisses off all of the right people!

[Excerpt]

Franken nets AFSCME backing in Minn. Senate bid

Democrat Al Franken has netted a big endorsement in his bid to challenge Republican Sen. Norm Coleman next year. . .

Read more at: Star Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...