Sunday, March 2, 2008

Blogiversary: 9 Months! 1890+ Posts!


The good news is, I've hung in there for 9 long months. Whole humans have been conceived and born in that time! And I've posted (with a little help) almost 1,900 posts. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun doing it.

But I can't help feeling just a little bummed this month. Visits to my blog have dropped over the last month, and I have no idea why. February was still my fourth-highest read month, so it isn't exactly tragic. But after a seven month uphill climb in readership, the graph now seems to be headed the other way. I know that there is readership beyond my site meter, due to RSS readers--who tend to be a fickle bunch apparently. I've seen RSS subscribers rise to 25 or so (no great shakes, but hey, thanks for coming), and then plummet to 7 or 8 overnight.

The most perplexing thing to me is that my topics here have remained fairly consistent. I try to balance the sour with the sweet, the Bush bashing with some frivolity. I suspect that many people come here from a Google search, checking out a Blast from the Past post, or maybe a Science is Cool. They favorite me, and then find out I'm a liberal lefty moonbat! Buh-bye Greenlee Gazette! But I happen to know that there are lots of us out there. Maybe so many that it is hard to grab peoples' attention.

So, I'll keep plugging away. When I started, I dared not dream that I'd have nearly 17,000 hits in the first nine months. While that may be a number that The Drudge Report or Democratic Underground gather between clicks of the keys, it's pretty good for a (nearly) one-man show. And to tell you the truth, if I clicked my site meter and found out I got 17,000 hits in a month, a week or a day, I'd be terrified! I get stage fright. Still, it would be fun to find out.

Bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...