Sunday, March 2, 2008

Random Thoughts of a Cranky Head Cold Sufferer


Coming up with story ideas on weekends takes a bit more work than it does during the week, when news seems to be more plentiful. So on the weekends, I really have to ponder what to write about. Here are a few of the things that have been ping-ponging around in my head, but don't individually have enough "meat" to warrant a full post.

#1 - Overused phrases - I don't want to hear the phrases "on crack" or "on steroids" ever again! Listen to the radio, or cable news, and they will inevitably say at some point, something like "It's not just a storm, it's a storm on steroids!" It's almost as irritating as the much overused "at the end of the day."

#2 - Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The season finale (already) is here, on Monday, March 3. I believe it's actually two separate episodes aired together, but I'm jazzed for it. I'm glad they have an ending point for the show, given the writers' strike. But I am nervous, since they've announced a cliffhanger--FOX has a habit of cancelling sci-fi shows before they ever get off the ground. I'm just too invested in this story to have the rug pulled out from under me.


#3 - Sunday Morning Talk Shows - Gaah. I watched Meet the Press and FOX "News" Sunday, and just a smidge of Face the Nation, and I just couldn't put my whole brain into it. MTP had the same lineup of bad Muppets, blathering meaningless predictions, and F"N"S had Karl Rove, who Jim Henson couldn't have made less human. At a time when these shows should be "can't miss," they are growing tedious.

#4 - Signs of the Apocolypse - Yes folks, it may be coming. George W. Bush warned us but we didn't take him seriously (I mean, how could we?). How do I know the end is near? Well, in addition to the above mentioned Karl Rove being a regular contributor on an alleged NEWS channel, ABC's According to Jim has been renewed for an eighth, that's right eighth season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...