Thursday, May 8, 2008

George Stephanopoulos: Hillary as VP?


Photo from source, ABC News

Earlier in the contest, I figured that if Hillary Clinton won the Democratic nomination, that Barack Obama would be a natural choice. I felt that if Obama were to win it, he'd have other options. Now that the campaign has run longer than most of we Democrats would like, I've revised my opinion. Does that make me a flip-flopper?

Right now, there are substantial amounts of both Obama and Clinton supporters who maintain that they'd either stay home, or vote for John McCain if the "opposition" were to win the nomination. I don't really believe that--I think that by November their heads will have cleared, like a person grows more distant from their "ex" after they break up. But the numbers are large enough to count as a real worry. And an Obama/Clinton ticket would likely snag a huge percentage of anyone who really means it.

[Excerpt]

George's Bottom Line on Clinton for Veep

George Stephanopoulos: It's hard to know. I mean, first of all, would Sen. Obama go for it? Can he get over the bitterness of this campaign? Can he be convinced that it's the strongest ticket? Third, of course, would Sen. Clinton take it? I think if it was offered in the right way, yes. . .

Read more at: ABC News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...