Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blogger Alert! SiteMeter Fixed


UPDATE 08/02/08: SiteMeter is working again. Too bad it was out too. At the time I removed the meter, I was on the road to my best day ever for visitors. Rats!

ORIGINAL POST:
Apparently, the cause of my Blogger woes was a problem for many of you too. If you're using Internet Explorer and the site you're visiting contains a SiteMeter. So, this is a public service announcement:

BLOGGER ALERT, BLOGGER ALERT!

The SiteMeter service--which I love, and a complete addict of--is apparently being upgraded right now. But something is causing Internet Explorer (and AOL) to crash, if the site contains the SiteMeter script. Use FireFox to open your blog (FireFox seems unaffected), remove the widget for SiteMeter, and your blog will work again.

It breaks my heart to do this. I love and probably obsess too much over my "hits" for the day. I'm pretty sure removing the script will halt them completely. I'm definitely going to be going through withdrawal! I'm not sure if SiteMeter itself knows about this glitchy little problem yet. I'll be sending them a letter forthwith.

The error message that appears when hitting a blog with a SiteMeter is: "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...