Wednesday, December 3, 2008

FOX "News" or Think Progress Responsible for Doctored Photo?

I posted a piece linked to Think Progress a few posts ago, regarding a photoshop job on The O'Reilly Factor. Shortly after that, at Johnny Dollar's Place, a "FOX Fan" site, Johnny claimed that it was Think Progress itself who was guilty of photo manipulation.

What is the real story? Hard to say. I dabbled in video editing way back before it was mainstream, so I don't know. Could different screen grabs from different equipment make both screen grabs genuine? Maybe. To me, it looks like the one on JDP is still manipulated, stretched vertically, washed out. The one from TP looks even more stretched, and darker. Deliberate trickery? By either, both or neither? Hell if I know.

So here are the images, I report you decide. Heh.

Think Progress's screen grab vs. real image of Jeff Zucker:


Think Progress' screen grab:



Johnny Dollar's screen grab:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...