Sunday, January 4, 2009

Top Liberal Talkers of 2008


Photo from source, LTR

I've been a listener to liberal talk radio since shortly before the 2004 election. And for the last four years, I've been an avid listener, since it was one of the only ways to keep my sanity during the second term of the Bush era. Starting the blog helped, but having some liberal attitude (in addition to the so-called "liberal media"--yeah, right) gave me some affirmation that I wasn't nuts. . .they really were out to get us!

I originally listened primarily to Air America Radio. But I splintered off into The Stephanie Miller Show, and after she left AAR, The Randi Rhodes Show, by streaming KTLK out of Los Angeles. My attention has wavered a bit since the election of Barack Obama, but I'm still a regular listener to the whole KTLK lineup. So, given my limited listenership, I'll rank my favorites here:

1. Rachel Maddow - Though her show is basically now just one hour (with a replay of her MSNBC TV show, one day delayed), Rachel offers the most inciteful and intelligent radio show on the air, period.

2. Stephanie Miller - Light and fluffy, with some serious digs at conservatives (always with a comedic bent), Stephanie and her cohorts, Chris Lavoie and Jim Ward are hilarious and informative.

3. Randi Rhodes - Acerbic, sarcastic as well as intelligent, Randi may not be for everybody, but I miss her when ever there is a substitute host or a "best of" show. The New Yawk honk may throw you, but stick with her. She knows her stuff.

4. Thom Hartmann - A bit dry and cerebral, but he crams more into three hours a day than Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity could ever hope to. And, unlike those two, he doesn't lie for a living.

Since my listening hours are limited, I can't really speak to the rest (though I loved Sam Sedar when I got to listen to him). So, I'll now pass you on to Liberal Talk Radio for a more informed list. . .

[Excerpt]


So, another year has come to a close, and for many, perhaps a year that's best left far in the past. Granted, 2008 did see some really good things. We elected a very promising president in Barack Obama, but otherwise, it was a grueling year of foreclosures, failures and $4 gas. Let's hope 2009 will be a marked improvement. Could it be any worse?

Read the list at: LTR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...