Sunday, November 20, 2011

Greenlee Gazette Gets New Computer

After all day driving around, buying a computer, bringing it home, realizing I needed parts, going out again, coming back, realizing my old router needed replacing, going out, coming back. . . I'm finally done! Well, done, until I realize I'm missing a program or something.

The new computer is a Dell Inspiron with an Intel Core i5 processor and a 24" monitor. All very cool. As always--even though I'm a veteran PC guru--there were ample headches along the way. Primary among them was just the sorting out of the spaghetti wires, and cleaning the desk area, above and below. Then putting it back. The wires are slightly fewer with a wireless mouse and keyboard, but it's still a nest.

So far--after replacing my ancient router--I've had a pretty smooth time of it. The monitor is massive. The computer is quick in everything it does, so far. The new computer accepted my old hard drive and a Light Scribe DVD burner without complaint (though I did have to run out for longer internal cables). I moved all of my music--12,000 files or more--in a matter of minutes from the old drive to the new.

The only thing I have to complain about is the long, tiring day, and the $800 bill! Also, it will be a long time before I buy another Hewlett-Packard computer.

Blogging again hopefully sometime Sunday. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...