Saturday, November 12, 2011

Low Carb Recipe: Curry Cauliflower "Rice"

I'm just past two months on this round of Atkins, and have lost about 25 pounds, with my starting weight being at or above 180. Two things have helped me achieve success this time: 1) I convinced The Other Half to join me a few weeks ago, and 2) I've gotten far more creative with my menu.

I covered a few of my new dishes earlier, and you can find them (and other links to yet more ideas) here.

This particular recipe is easier than most, and quite delicious.


CURRIED CAULIFLOWER FAUX "RICE"


1 medium-to-large head of cauliflower
4 tsp. curry powder
Green onions
Olive oil
3 cloves crushed garlic (or equivalent)
Cubed ham, beef, chicken or other meat (optional)


With a food processor or cheese grater, grate cauliflower head into rice-sized pieces, and set aside. Dice green onions (as many as you want), and sautee with garlic in olive oil in a large skillet. If you're using meat (or tofu, I suppose), cube or shred it, and put into skillet with the already cooking onions and garlic. If your meat is already cooked, go to the next step. If not, stir the meat with the onions and garlic until it is cooked. Then, pour in your riced cauliflower. Keep the skillet hot from the sautee, and just keep stirring the cauliflower together with the other ingredients, until it starts getting soft. Stir in curry powder, making sure it gets equally distributed. Continue to cook, taking a taste-test to see if it's ready. My skillet time was about 20 minutes on a big burner. It's doubtful that you'll over-cook it, so just cook it until it tastes ready.


This new cauliflower dish is one of many (again, more here), and isn't the last I'll try. For the Atkins dieter, you get to eat something that will more than pass for a rice dish. It's as good as the rice dish. The Other Half said, "We're going to have to add this to our regular dishes." It's that good. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...