ORIGINAL POST - SEPTEMBER 19, 2008:
Sarah Palin's Pastor Problem
Photo from LiveJournal
There are many things I'm sick and tired of in politics. One of them used to be candidates that promised "change." It is an often used phrase, but this time, I'm hoping that my candidate (guess who) delivers.
Another thing I'm tired of is IOKIYAR. To the uninitiated, that means it's OK if you're a Republican. Now, don't get me wrong, there are some parallels on the other side of the aisle, and I'm sure right-wingers probably have their own IOKIYAD laments. But that is not what seems to be as strongly in play right now.
Here are just a few examples:
- Barack Obama, not well known, gave a good speech, celebrity. Bad.
- Sarah Palin, not well known, gave a good speech, celebrity. Good.
- John Edwards cheated on his wife, and that somehow reflects badly on Barack Obama.
- John McCain cheated on his wife, and we're not supposed to comment on it.
- John McCain's history as a POW 40 years ago tells us about his character.
- John McCain's behavior 30 years ago (adultery), and 20 years ago (Keating 5) are irrelevant.
- Barack Obama attended a radical (black) Christian church for 20 years. Bad.
- Sarah Palin attended a radical (crazy) Christian church for 20 years. So?
And If She Weighs The Same As A Duck...
. . .The pastor whose prayer Sarah Palin says helped her to become governor of Alaska founded his ministry with a witchhunt against a Kenyan woman who he accused of causing car accidents through demonic spells. . .
Read more at: DailyKos