Friday, April 26, 2013

Barbara Bush Says No to Jeb in White House

Image from Talking Points Memo
As unbelievable as it might seem, Barbara Bush was First Lady of the United States beginning 24 years ago. At the time, there were some funny Saturday Night Live skits with Phil Hartman as Bar (a notable one with him trying to drag Jan Hooks' Nancy Reagan out of the place). But mostly, she seemed to be an affable, elder figure, if a little above it all. But I don't remember having even the slightest dislike for her.

That changed during the years following the George H.W. Bush presidency. In several different stories, she came off badly--aristocratic, cold, odd, uncaring--leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The fact that her son George still makes my skin crawl has also probably colored my view. It would be fair to say, my feelings toward Barbara Bush have dimmed considerably over the years. But now, I find myself in agreement with her, and I may have to reassess!

[Excerpt]

Barbara Bush Thinks There’ve Been Enough Bushes In The White House, No Room For Jeb

Amid the celebration surrounding the opening of son George W. Bush’s presidential library, former first lady Barbara Bush is brushing aside talk of a Jeb Bush run for the White House. . .

Read more at: Talking Points Memo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...