Monday, April 8, 2013

Why are Lindsey Graham and John McCain on EVERY SUNDAY?

I watched--as I often do--a couple of the Sunday shows this weekend. My usual picks are Meet the Press with David Gregory and FOX "News" Sunday with Chris Wallace. Not because I like them, or think they're the best (heavens, no), probably mostly out of habit. FNS I only watch to see what they're up to, but MTP is just as likely to be from a rightward cant on any given Sunday. It has been shown through several studies that no matter which party is in control of the White House or either house of Congress, the Sunday shows tip rightward in their choice of guests.

It's no wonder, when you consider which of these guys apparently live to be on TV. Lindsey Graham and John McCain--seemingly closer than some married couples--will show up on any of these shows on any given week. Sometimes on multiple shows on the same day. It doesn't matter what the topic is, it doesn't matter if they've been absolutely wrong on many previous occasions. It doesn't matter that either is likely to sputter "BENGHAZI!!!" an any moment, regardless of what question they were asked. There they are, the failed presidential candidate who picked a moron running mate, and the fading Southern belle gentleman, every damned week.

I miss Tim Russert as infuriating as he himself could be. I even miss Tony Snow, who could snark without the vaguely creepy vibe Wallace always exudes. I'd appreciate it if Gregory, Wallace, Bob Schieffer and the rest would stop booking lobbyists and hate group leaders for their point/counterpoints. I'd like to see Karl Rove frog-marched out of one of the studios, and Peggy Noonan laughed off the stage for her loopy delivery. But mostly, I want to stop seeing McCain and his little buddy every single week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...