Sunday, July 1, 2007

Careers Cut Short #4: George Michael

This is the last part of the series, at least for today. But hey, I'm up to 96 posts (my goal is 100 posts by my first month blogiversery tomorrow!). I'll try to dump the frivolity for posts 97 - 100. But, no promises!

On to George Michael. I can't think of a male performer who has a better talent for singing. That much was evident even back in the WHAM! days, despite some of the silly 80s glitz. But somewhere after his first solo album, Faith, George got very introspective, and was embarrassed by his "sex symbol" status. Silly, I say, if you've got it, flaunt it. Especially when you have the talent to back it up.

His dour mood seemed do rise to the surface, and obscure his music. His personal life didn't help matters, but at least it brought him "out" and then he didn't have a big secret to worry about. But sadly, all of the personal issues seem to be keeping him off the charts. His last US chart hit in the US was Fastlove in 1996. But of all the people on my list, George Michael is the one I think has the most likely shot at getting his US career back. And now (especially for the Other Half), Freedom '90 Yeah. It's been that long.




Check Out: GeorgeMichael.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...