Friday, July 6, 2007

It's the Heat, and NO Humidity


My poor little thermometer. I rescued this baby from an estate sale here in Vegas for the princely sum of $1.00. It came from the belongings of a man who clearly lived here in the heyday of Old Vegas, and I thought it was cool. Anyway, it keeps pretty accurate temperature & humidity.

Yesterday, I reported that I pegged the needle (which goes up to 120°). So, today I tried again. I put the Honeywell out on the patio in the shade, and later took the picture to the left.


The thermometer needle reads 119°, but I thought I could do better than that. So, I left it for a little while longer. Ooops. A little touch of sun managed to sneak through, and watch what happened:

Talk about pegged! It reads somewhere around 128°! Notice also, in both photos, the humidity level is at 0%. Yeeowch.

Not driving around in the Jeep today!















Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...