Thursday, July 5, 2007

Most Notorious Presidential Pardons

Hat-tip to Lesto for pointing out the Clinton Presidential pardons to me, regarding my focus on the Scooter Libby commutation. And he's right, I didn't mention it in my articles. My reasoning goes something like this (clearing throat):

If Bill Clinton posthumously pardoned Hitler and Hirohito, it would be irrelevant to the story. Why? Because Bill Clinton isn't President! Hasn't been for over six years now! Besides, if Bill Clinton jumped off a bridge, would that mean George W. would have to as well? The only real relevance Bill Clinton's actions would have on the matter would be in pointing out liberal hypocrisy. Having never been a Bill Clinton apologist myself, I don't much feel like a hypocrite.

In any event, the topic of Clinton's pardon of Mark Rich in particular will be a common refrain over the next few news cycles. That being the case, please take a look at this list from Time Magazine. It will show you that "Slick Willy" wasn't the only guy making controversial pardons. George H.W. had a hand at it too. . .

Read more at: The 10 Most Notorious Presidential Pardons at Time
Magazine.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. "Slick Willy" first came to mind when I commmented earlier, but he is not the only one. Check out this link:
    http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/
    070703/3pardons.htm?s_cid=
    rss:3pardons.htm

    I found the numbers higher than I expected, individually and collectively, but not much excitement about the individuals pardoned. What gripes me is the pardon process in general....with only the president making the decision, without oversight, we are suprised that cronyism raises its head??

    MOre later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you, Lesto. My post was about the "echo chamber" of the uber-right (talk radio/FreeRepublic/FOX). Their first reaction to anything is but-but-but-Clinton. . .

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...