Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sunday Morning, What's Up?

Having sort of a slow morning. Got up too late to catch the beginning of Meet the Press, but caught half of that, half of Fox "News" Sunday and all of Face the Nation and This Week. One of the only things that even remains in my brain was the "in Memoriam" segment of This Week. I always try to stop what I'm doing to give a moment of attention when that is on. It's always sad, but much worse the last few weeks. The numbers have gone up so high, the segment is twice as long as it used to be. One other thing I remember: Sen. Lieberman going on and on about how well the surge is working in Iraq. Great.

Other than that, just getting ready for my day (at 11 am!). How's that for a lazy Sunday? I bought a new stove this weekend, and used it for the first time this morning. Burnt the corned beef hash, and broke the yolks. It's a fantastic stove, but I guess it can't make me a better cook! Oh yeah, I also caught a wayward piece of paper on fire, and then blew ashes all over the place. I'm so talented!

So, I have errands to run this afternoon, and won't be posting anything new until later in the day. Do come back this evening (especially in more western time zones), 'cause I'm going to try to be a posting fiend. Tomorrow is the first monthiversary of my blog, and I'd like to have 100 posts up by midnight! So, if you see an even heavier reliance on entertainment--I mean more than usual--that's why! A side note on that; I wonder if stumblers-on to my page are confused by the jarring mixture of entertainment, serious politics, and editorializing present here. As an explanation, I'd offer that these are my views (unless by guest posters), thoughts, ideas, and interests. Videos or comedic links merely reflect what I find funny, interesting or noteworthy.

Anyway, I've always felt that frivolity is necessary to make life bearable. I just worry that we in America, as Madge used to tell her clients, is soaking in it. So most of the time, I'll try not to overdo it. See you later today.

2 comments:

  1. Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No hablo español. ¡Apesadumbrado!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...