Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back at the Helm


Image from Wikipedia

I've returned home from my trip back to Ohio, and it's true what Dorothy said, "there's no place like home." Oddly, though I spent my first 28 years in Ohio, it feels less and less like "home" each time. Not that the family isn't wonderful, and there isn't a magnetic pull. But 13 years spent living in Las Vegas, building a life with The Other Half, the job, the friends. . .Las Vegas is home.

It may not be forever. The little kidlets grow up awfully fast, and from 2,000 miles away, that is only magnified. But if we ultimately do make the move back to the Midwest, I have a feeling that we'll start to feel homesick for Vegas. Oh well.

I hope you enjoyed the contributions of Stupid Monkey Planet while I was away. He did an outstanding job once again, and I'm very proud of him. I hope to be able to return the favor after his site goes live. The Other Half contributed a few posts as well, which also were very appreciated. I encourage both of them to drop by as often as they want, even if I'm not on vacation! Thanks guys, you're the best.

If all goes as planned, I'll be a posting fool tomorrow evening, and possibly into the wee hours to catch up. I've kind of been in a news black-hole. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...