Saturday, June 7, 2008

Al Franken Endorsed by Minnesota Democrats


Photo from Al Franken's official site, AlFranken.com

It's hard to remember sometimes that this fall's election will be for more than just picking a President. One of the elections I'm keeping my eye on is for Senate in Minnesota. That's because one of my favorite political voices, comedian Al Franken, is running there against Norm Coleman. Ever since he quit his radio talk show, I've been pulling for Al. He's funny, he's dedicated. . .and it's just too good to pass up. . .he's good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like him!

That's not to say he won't have an uphill battle. His books and radio show brought him a lot of conservative enemies. And his past as one of the original voices of Saturday Night Live--and all of those seventies excesses--will provide them with a lot of fodder to use against him. Still, Senate meetings would be a lot less dry with Al's voice ringing in the chamber. Go Al!

[Excerpt]

Franken wins endorsement for Senate in Minnesota

Al Franken won a resounding endorsement for the U.S. Senate on Saturday from Minnesota Democrats, quickly dispatching with concerns about jokes that offended some and promising a tough challenge to Republican Sen. Norm Coleman.

"To the people of Minnesota, let me say this: I'm not a perfect person," said Franken, a former "Saturday Night Live" writer and performer. "I'm not going to pretend to have all the answers. But I'll tell the truth, I will keep my spine, and I will work for you. . ."

Read more at: Raw Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...